Are lilies poisonous to cats?
Cats are notorious for eating houseplants (or at least nibbling at their leaves) and knocking over flower arrangements. While the plants usually come off worse in these situations, if you have a vase of lilies, your cat could get seriously sick and need some TLC. Although they are pretty plants, lilies are incredibly poisonous to cats. If you suspect that your cat has eaten lilies, call your vet immediately and book an appointment. The toxins in lilies cause kidney damage and can lead to complete kidney failure if not treated quickly. How to tell if your cat has eaten lilies Some cats (like Fred) love to nibble on the leaves of houseplants and floral arrangements. If you see any nibbled leaves on a lily, your cat has probably eaten them and will require veterinary attention. Another telltale sign is that you may see lily pollen on your cat. Even if they … Read more